Sunday, August 22, 2010

Friend Problems...Advice.?

Ok, last night was my bachelorette party...and there were major problems. One of my bridesmaid's planned it...we went to this mexican place...the food was horrible and everyone who drank wanted to split the bill (like 50 bucks each)...even though she just told everyone to bring $20 for dinner...and many of the girls didn't even drink. Then we went back to my place to have some drinks. Well my fiance is in the army and I hadn't seen him in months...he just got back into town about 30mins before I had to go to dinner...so I told my friends that he'd probably crash the party once we got back to my house, which most of my friends didn't mind and they wanted to see him...one of my BM's was like ';no he can't come over'; but I ended up calling him drunk and he came over around 11. Well she and 2 other people got pissed and went out on my back deck...and left like 10 mins later by going around my house and didn't even say goodbye. I couldn't believe they did that and am so hurt by it...the two people who left with my BM i dont really care about cause they were more her friends anyway, but my BM!? Especially when I'm always there to listen to all her drama and crap all the time, I would have never done that to her..ever. I know typically at a bach. party you're supposed to just be with your girls, but since I don't get to see him often (like every 5 months usually since he's joined the army) I felt like that rule shouldn't apply here...and practically all I do is go out with the girls since my fiance is never home.


Was I being selfish?? I really didn't think it was a big deal...I wasn't going to leave the party to be with him...and we were just chilling at my house drinking and playing kings haha





Anyway, I just don't know what to do about this friend...I can't believe she did this and I don't even think I want her in the bridal party anymore =/





ps: she wasn't drunkFriend Problems...Advice.?
honestly, your friend's behavior was completely unacceptable and insensitive. your situation is not a typical one since you don't get to see your fiancee very often, so by no means should the traditional ';bachelorette party rules'; apply. i wouldn't think it a big deal to have your fiancee spend some time with you. the fact that she is in your bridal party does make this a sticky situation, though. since it sounds like this woman is a bit of a hothead, you should try approaching her very calmly, telling her you would like to discuss the situation with her. get her in a neutral place (so not at either of your two houses), like at a restaurant, especially since in a place like that, there will be a lot less of a risk of a loud exchange and/or a heated argument. just let her know how you feel without sounding too accusatory. tell her it hurt you that she made a big deal over your desire to spend some rare time with the man you love. let her know that since you try to be supportive of her when she has issues to deal with, you wish she could be supportive of you too. perhaps if you can get her to see your side of things, it will diffuse some of the discomfort between you two and lessen the amount of drama you would have to deal with on your big day. dealing with this sort of thing isn't easy, but hopefully if you are able to address the issue, you won't have to worry. and if she absolutely won't listen, i wouldn't blame you for kicking her out of the bridal party if it's not too late. it sounds harsh, but you don't need a ';friend'; like that (who doesn't acknowledge your love for your fiancee) in your life, or anywhere near you on your wedding day (just think of the potential drama she could cause there, if she pulled that kind of b.s. at your bachelorette party). anyways, good luck with this, and congratulations to you!Friend Problems...Advice.?
It was YOUR bachelorette party, so your friends should have focused on YOU. What you wanted should have been important to them. On the other hand, fiances are not welcome at bachelorette parties, and your fiance should have respected that tradition. Did you go to your fiance's bachelor's party? Do you think that you'd be welcome there? I doubt it!
Baby forget it your honey was home and you excitied and i think you derserved to see him so forget your friend at least your friend and lover is home now so if she wasn't you best best friend she will be alright now congrats on the wedding because everything is about you right now that why its was bach party for you celebration he boyfriend made you feel even much better.


GOOD LUCK!!!!!! CONGRATS

No comments:

Post a Comment