Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Weak ankle problems. Advice?

I never knew I had a weak ankle till I became a waitress. All the running around (not to mention only being allowed to stop for a half hour lunch break on a 8 hour shift) suddenly made my right ankle start to hurt. Everything would be fine until I sat down for my break. Suddenly when I stood up, my ankle would hurt like hell and I used to come home from work hopping on one leg because I couldn't put any weight on my ankle. This pain would last until the next night and I regularly used a hockey stick as a crutch. The pain would only start again when I next had a lunch break at work and the whole thing would start again. I would regularly be found in the back of the restaurant kneeling on the floor because I couldn't walk.





Now apparently my Mum and Grandma also had ankle problems so it's in the family. I only lasted 3 months at work and that was 3 years ago. Every so often though, my ankle will randomly start to ache for a couple of minutes.





Does anyone know a reason for this and have any recommendation of how I can fix it? Please don't just say, 'go to a doctor'.Weak ankle problems. Advice?
I would work on strengthening the musculature and ligaments in the ankle region. I would also use a wobble board. A wobble board will help retrain the proprioceptors in your joint and this in turn will help stabilize your ankle. Also a doctor of chiropractic will be able to adjust any misalignments that you may have in your ankle and they won't prescribe med's to mask the pain temporarily. They can actually help fix the cause. Thsi website is an example of a wobble board but i would shop around for the best deal. I would get a wooden one and not the cheap plastic ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment