Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Car inspection problems... advice, anyone?

I have a '93 Honda civic, which I took to the service station to get inspected this morning, and after 6 hours the mechanic (who has been good to me) broke the bad news to me that i have a rack and pinion leak, master brake cylinder leak, need new rear tires, and a new timing belt. I have already poured more money into this car than the car is worth itself, and I think this would be the straw that breaks the camels back, but I don't have many options. He said the 2 things i absolutely need to pass inspection are the brake cylinder and rack and pinion, estimated over $1000. He helped me out by letting me take the car back before he ran it through and failed the inspection. I have barely enough money to get through the summer paying rent until student loans come in in the Fall, I absolutely cannot afford these repairs (i have max $500 in my bank account at a given time) and in the meantime i need something to get me to and from my internship job 9-5 every day. I live in queens NY, and park on the street, and will start getting tickets every day that the inspection is expired (it expires on friday, 6/19). I just don't know what to do at this point. Should I just try to take out some sort of fast cash loan (at probably ridiculous interest), do i even bother to get this car repaired (its dying soon either way), I mean if i look to take out a new car lease or something they all require like $2500 due at signing...regardless, I start losing money every day starting Friday by simply owning this car, with the ticket's I'll start getting...what the heck can i do?Car inspection problems... advice, anyone?
First........who makes 100k straight out of school unless they are a doctor or former cheerleader selling pharmaceuticals? Hope you aren't like all those other business majors out there who graduate thinking they'll be CEO in a week.....


Anyway, you live in NYC.....sell the car. You have one of the greatest public transit systems in the world at your disposal and it sounds like you could really use the cash. If you have to, take it a sell it for scrap. The car sounds like it is shot. If you don't like the train......try a bike.Car inspection problems... advice, anyone?
find somebody that will let you use their address in a state that does not require an inspection , get plates there, and a license too or sell it for junk and take the bus to your 100,000 dollar a year job interview after you graduate next year, buy a moped find another cheap car but i wouldn't put another dime in that one

2 comments:

Hazel Donovan said...

Simply want to say your article is as surprising. The clearness in your post is simply great and i could assume you are an expert on this subject. Well with your permission allow me to grab your feed to keep updated with forthcoming post. Thanks a million and please continue the enjoyable work.
cash for cars toowoomba
cash for scrap cars toowoomba

Tino Best said...

I also provide you with information on insurance, financing and details about the many different Exotic Cars available with prices that will blow your mind! Ferrari for Rent

Post a Comment