Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Guinea pig bonding problems advice very much needed?

Ok I did all my research and after it all I reeeeaally wanted a ferret but my mom said no because they reminded her of a rat. I chose a guinea pig but the problem is is that it is nearly impossible to bond with. I've had it for about 2months and it will let me hold it its just kind of acts like it hates me most of the time I know whats normal and whats not because really I did do my research but if you have any advice let me know thanks. oh and ps. Ive done all the bonding tricks but none have worked. also please tell if u think a ferret would have been better!Guinea pig bonding problems advice very much needed?
Some pigs take longer to bond than others. Every pig is different and some just need a little more time.





You have only had it for two months so I wouldn't worry. It will bond, it just isn't ready. It has to bond with you on it's own terms not yours, keep that in mind.





Keep holding and cuddling it every chance you get. Also, hand feed it too. That helps speed up the process a bit. Make sure you are talking to it as well, mine love when I talk to them. I can be on my bed while they are in their cage and they peek over at me and squeak/chatter until I start to talk to them.Guinea pig bonding problems advice very much needed?
Ferrets are much worse imo. They can be nippy too and would rather run around than be held.





Please look over www.guinealynx.info and www.guineapigcages.com for care info and more tips.
Have you tried my towel trick? where you use a towel folded in half and wrap the guinea pig in it and hold it over your heart. It is quite long to type out however i have never had it fail or has any one that has tried it and i would be more that glad to type it out for you if you want me to.





I do have a service in which i help people with their guinea pigs for no reason other than i love guinea pigs and love to help them I work with two Exotic Vet Clinics so i you had other questions that d did not know the answer to i am a phone call away. If you wish you can contact me at carolmoore30@yahoo,com

No comments:

Post a Comment