Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Sister in law problems...advice please!

So, my sister in law...let's call her Mimi....she is my husband's brother's wife. She is an odd person and has continually been a sneak towards me. Let me explain:





1st - she is always trying to put my husband down behind his back as if he is stupid.





2nd - when I had a myspace account, she would check out my calendar and call up my mother in law and spill out every detail of our life. Granted my mother in law doesn't really care for her either because of several incidences she and her family have pulled. We don't care that my mother in law knew our calendar but to call her up behind our backs just to discuss that we found weird. She would then compete with me on myspace (immature, I know). I would post a variety of what I was doing everyday...and she would post the same exact thing but try and make it sound better! For instance I had posted on Father's Day, ';I am spoiling my hubby on Father's Day';...she then posted, ';I am spoiling my hubby even more on Father's Day';. This would have been fine if she actually was human enough to respond to my polite and kind comments I would leave her on her myspace.





3rd - my hubby and I are 7 months pregnant and decided to have a co-ed baby shower hosted by ourselves. I sent the invites out on a Monday...they would have received theirs on Tuesday (based on past mail experiences)....Tuesday afternoon I received a call from Mimi and she left me a voicemail saying, ';Hi, I wanted to let you know I can't make it to your baby shower...I saw on your myspace that it is August 3rd. (we deleted our myspace account 2-3 weeks prior). My friend is having a baby shower the day before and I am obligated to be there because she is my friend.'; With the invites I included a slip of paper with our registry info. She then said, ';I was wondering if you are registered at Target or anywhere.';





I never called her back. I had my hubby call her hubby (his brother) that evening to let them know where we are registered. She has a history of lying to her husband so we wanted to make sure he knew he was invited. She claims they never received the invitation to this day. We think she threw it away based on the fact that she bought off of our registry before even knowing where we were registered at.





At this point I want nothing to do with her and my hubby feels the same way.





We don't want to jeopardize our relationship we have with my hubby's brother though.





Any thoughts and advice?Sister in law problems...advice please!
She sounds very similar to my sister in law. She does stuff like that all the time. It is like a competition who can be the best daughter in law, and the whole family sees right through it, and she is a big trouble maker.





We have kids and our kids' like her so we (my husband and I) just basically talk to her only when we have to. We still talk to his brother, but anything she does we just try to ignore because everyone knows how she is and if we dwell on it we just get angry and we really don't want a confrontation because then we will look like the jerks.





So I would still encourage your husband to have a relationship with his brother, you can do it and not have to talk to her, just don't get into any big conversations with her, be elusive and maybe she will get the hint.Sister in law problems...advice please!
all family's have a caracter like her and the best thing to do is be sure that her husband is the one you and your husband talk to and let her do as she wishes
Just ignore her. There are odd ducks in every family. It could be that she's just really intimidated by you, or is just really bad around other people.
Is it possible to have a relationship with just your hubby's brother and NOT her? That may not be the easiest thing since your bro in law needs to stand by his woman. U may just have to see your bro in law less.





Its too bad cause he sounds like a nice guy, how did he end up with such a manipulative immature person?





Good call on getting rid of the Myspace account. Sounds like more trouble than its worth.





Sorry i couldnt offer any better solutions. i just dont think there are any.





Good Luck






eew i know you cant be mean to her because of you husband and his brothers relationship but that doesnt mean that you have to be nice just ignore her and dont add her to your myspace or facebook or w/e and next time when you mail something make sure your husband calls his brother to let him know its on the way! good luck i think you will need it :D
Just dont talk to her, don't invite her to any of your parties. I have an aunt like that, I just don't talk to her, she can say whatever she wants about me, but I'm not giving her the time of day. Do your own thing and forget about her, let her comments slide off your shoulder, cause really who cares? She's a snake that might just be jealous of your family or just really has nothing better to do. So like I said, forget her, make your calendar w/ no worries ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment